* opens in a new window
LOCATION: CHANTILLY , VA , US
DATE POSTED: 2021-07-02
CATEGORY: Engineering and Sciences
SUBCATEGORY: Systems Engineer
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 10 % of the Time
MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Top Secret
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: TS/SCI with Poly
POTENTIAL FOR REMOTE WORK: No
SAIC is seekingSystems Engineersat various experience levels to provide Engineering services of complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative program. TheseEngineeringProfessionalswill support system engineering and integration activities that define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise.
This position is located in CHANTILLY, VA and requires a TOP SECRET CLEARANCE with the willingness and ability to obtain a higher level clearance.
In this role, you should possess working knowledge of large space/ground systems test and integration activities necessary to enable the successful demonstration of operational capabilities in a larger enterprise.Asa Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Professional you willprovide System Engineering services across all engineering disciplines critical to developing and assembling the operational capabilities into an integrated architecture.
* Provide MBSE expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
* Support Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) activities to identify program requirements and relationships, and manage the execution of the systems engineering process, including interfaces, key performance parameters, and operational concepts
* Develop and integrate system models; incorporating inputs from stakeholder requirements, interface documentation, and related design and systems engineering documents
* Develop operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs;Evolve system architectures, conduct and analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors, and end users.
* Provide mission analysis to support definition of technical requirements and interfaces, provide analysis of alternatives, guide development, and evaluate expected performance against requirements and mission needs
* Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
* Current DoD TS clearance (prefer TS/SCI with ability to obtain a polygraph)
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in a STEM fieldor4 years additional experience in lieu of degree
* Strong leadership, interpersonal communications skills
* Proven experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF) and Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DODAF)
* Proven experience with MBSE and other tools to support analysis and visualization
* Working knowledge of systems engineering documentation to include concepts of operations, interface control documents, and verification and test
* Ability to provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration, and use of model-based engineering and model-based systems engineering models
* Proficient understanding of fundamental model development and its application to architecture or system design
* Understanding of modeling best practices and quality management processes
* Experience developing model structure and data management principles
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing requirements and tasks
* Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team
Desired Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
* Masters Degree in a STEM field
* Experience in large systems acquisition
* Experience in 1 of these 3 backgrounds: Space, Ground RADAR or EO related systems
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nations modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partners ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit [ or Working at SAIC [ for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
* opens in a new window