Colorado Springs, Colorado,
* opens in a new window
LOCATION: COLORADO SPRINGS , CO , US
DATE POSTED: 2021-07-07
CATEGORY: Information Technology
SUBCATEGORY: Network Engineer
SHIFT: Day Job
MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Top Secret
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: TS/SCI
POTENTIAL FOR REMOTE WORK: No
SAIC is looking for a highly qualified and self-motivated senior Network Engineer to support the Space Missile and Systems Center (SMC). The network engineer will work in coordination with the software and hardware teams to get the necessary network equipment in place, and in collaboration with the network administrators and other professionals examine and evaluate network performance and existing network technologies and make changes where needed to increase security and efficiency. This individual will be responsible for the monitoring and support of network infrastructure (Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs) and virtual server environments (servers, storage area networks, and VMware) and should be able to troubleshoot, install, implement and administer network systems. The network engineer will work on a team comprised of fellow network engineers, systems administrators, software developers and software testers who utilize lifecycle management frameworks, such as Agile/scrum, to complete new IT projects and maintain existing infrastructure.This position is located in Colorado Springs,Colorado
Primary duties may include:
* Provide subject-matter expertise regarding operations and sustainment network architecture, engineering, implementation and verification.
* Analyze detailed technical data to identify issues impacting network integration performance and prepare and present supporting documentation of the findings
* Contributing to roadmaps to present as solutions for gap remediation.
* Apply knowledge of routing and switching products and firewalls and load balancing technologies to implementation, configuration, and administration of networking technologies in large managed environments
* Work closely with cross-functional teams and partners to define and document solutions.
* Install, configure, and remove switches, routers, firewalls, UPS, and network gear in operational and test lab environments
* Provide technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of network solutions using advanced understanding of network theory and maintaining specific enterprise network architecture
* Establish overall strategic network standards and priorities to maintain the network baseline; recommend network design changes/enhancements; and analyze the optimization of network systems performance
* Provide high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources through which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs.
* Provide highly innovative/creative solutions for unusually complex technical problems
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Network Engineering with 9 or more years relevant experience, Masters degree and 7 or more years relevant experience
* Active Top Secret clearance and eligible to obtain SCI
* Obtain DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II certification within three months of start
* Minimum 5 years experience in the following:
* Network Engineering
* Cloud computing
* DoD Cyber security
* Multi/All Domain Operations/C2
* Experience troubleshooting hardened (DISA STIGs) network environments
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
* Senior-level knowledge of IPv4/IPv6, TCP/IP, and the OSI model, especially layers 2 through 4. VPN, Cisco ASA or other firewall knowledge and experience is required.
* Experience with Palo Alto firewalls
* Experience with enterprise system monitoring and management tools (Solar Winds, WireShark, etc.) to analyze network activity and problems
* Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management, configuration control
* Seasoned communicator with demonstrated record of success in leadership, followership, and working with contract representatives and government sponsors.
* Ability to provide high-level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nations modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partners ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit [ or Working at SAIC [ for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
* opens in a new window