* opens in a new window
LOCATION: SPRINGFIELD , VA , US
DATE POSTED: 2021-04-15
CATEGORY: Information Technology
SUBCATEGORY: Network Engineer
SHIFT: Day Job
MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: None
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: Top Secret
POTENTIAL FOR REMOTE WORK: No
This is a Senior/SME position for the network engineering team within the Vanguard Perimeter Security Division (PSD) engineering office, providing network engineering expertise over a Global LAN/WAN enterprise. The well qualified candidate will possess and apply comprehensive knowledge regarding the engineering and implementation of network transport solutions. The candidate must be capable of planning and leading the testing, implementation, and maintenance of networking (LAN/WAN) technologies and devices. The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting network transport configuration/implementation. The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide network engineering services to over 100,000 customers globally.
The position may temporarily allow a rotation of remote & onsite work due to Covid-19. Position may be called back onsite at any time at the customer's request.
* Works directly with the DoS customer to build, design, test and deploy enterprise network transport solutions utilizing Cisco routers/switches.
* Develop and deploy network engineering solutions in compliance with Enterprise Architecture standards.
* Develop enterprise-wide solutions, participate in technical working groups, and contribute to technical advisory boards.
* Participate in peer review of network configuration change requests prior to deployment.
* Implementation of configuration changes.
* Tier III Support and Maintenance activities.
* Service Requests: design, deploy, monitor, resolve, update and close service request tickets.
* Documenting network infrastructure components, drawings using Visio.
* Assist in developing and documenting procedures and processes.
This is a contingent role and a start date has not been identified. Correspondence regarding this role may be delayed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more experience; Masters and thirteen(13) years or more experience;Additional training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* IT security/network engineering support experience (Engineering, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
* Solid understanding and analysis of network flows and OSI model
* Experience designing and implementing large enterprise/global network solutions
* Expert experience in BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GRE, DMVPN, IPSEC, MACSEC, Multicast, Unicast
* Expert experience with Cisco network platforms: routers, switches, VPN concentrators, network management (ISR/ASR/Nexus).
* Expert knowledge of TCP/IP networking
* Experience working directly with Government customer
* Technical writing and documentation/diagram skills (MS Visio/MS Word/MS Excel)
* Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance to start work with the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
* Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP, CCIE is desirable
* Experience with SD-WAN technologies desirable
* Experience with Cloud technologies, Microsoft Azure/Amazon Web Services desirable
* Experience leading a small team (5-10) of engineers
* Familiar with network monitoring tools (NeuralStar, HPNA, SolarWinds, Cisco Prim
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nations modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partners ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit [ or Working at SAIC [ for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
* opens in a new window