* opens in a new window
LOCATION: SPRINGFIELD , VA , US
DATE POSTED: 2021-04-15
CATEGORY: Engineering and Sciences
SUBCATEGORY: Systems Engineer
SHIFT: Day Job
MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: None
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: Top Secret
POTENTIAL FOR REMOTE WORK: No
The Vanguard 2.2.1 program currently has an opening for a ServiceNow Queue Manager and Tier 2 support staff member. This position will support the Enterprise Management Systems Tools team for the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM).
Vanguard 2.2.1 currently engineers and maintains web portals and web-based utilities to a number of IRM organizations and requires a qualified person to perform Incident, Service Request, and Change Request Queue management for security, integration, and network monitoring tools. The successful candidate will be able to navigate service now, direct and disposition tickets, and develop a firm grasp of the organizations change and service request processes. The successful candidate will also perform tier 2 engineering support functions based on training from senior engineers.
The position may temporarily allow a rotation of remote & onsite work due to Covid-19. Position may be called back onsite at any time at the customer's request.
Description of Duties:
The candidate must be able to perform general IT systems engineering activities which include:
* Triage and assign inbound ServiceNow tickets for the EMS-Tools team
* Develop and update Change, Service Request, and Incident management process documentation
* Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support based on training from the EMS-Tool team engineers
* Track ticket status and escalate ticket response as needed.
* Report ticket related metrics on a weekly and monthly and yearly basis as requested.
* Develop ServiceNow reports for metric tracking
* Facilitate inter-group communications for tickets requiring participation from multiple support groups
This is a contingent role and a start date has not been identified. Correspondence regarding this role may be delayed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors Degree in the IT field and 3 years or more experience; Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
* General Engineering experience
* 2+ years hands on Windows 2008 /2012 / 2016 Server Administration experience
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES
* Experience with ServiceNow ticket management
* A background in engineering Information security systems
* A background in IT change processes and knowledge management
* An understanding of and some experience with managing Active Directory and OUs
* Basic scripting or programming experience (PowerShell, Python, VBScript, etc.)
* Functional understanding of TCP/IP networks and Firewalls
* Functional understanding of following protocols: TCP, UDP, DNS, NetBIOS,HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SSL
* Prior experience in enterprise software deployments
* Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance to start work with the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES
* Windows GPO management experience and Troubleshooting
* Functional understanding of database concepts
* Basic UNIX system administration
* Basic database administration
* Experience with the following technologies/products: Network Security, and Configuration Management systems.
* Experience in Web development
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nations modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partners ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit [ or Working at SAIC [ for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
* opens in a new window