* opens in a new window
At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a hands-on GCP DATA ARCHITECT / ENGINEER. This is a remote role working Central and Eastern Time Zone hours.
Perficient is seeking an GCP certified professional who is a cloud migration enthusiast with passion for elastic workloads and serverless frameworks. With your expertise in cloud computing, you will architect and build cloud-native systems, wrangle cloud systems' complexity, and ensure that best practices are followed when utilizing a wide variety of cloud service offerings. You will also weigh the pros and cons of using IaaS services versus PaaS and other managed services when designing and recommending solutions.
You are expected to be a subject matter expert on GCP services, tools and best practices. You will answer questions on various cloud-native technologies and GCP services, and you will provide recommendations on what service to use and when. As such, you should have extensive hands-on experience with the varied GCP services, their limitations and alternate (non-GCP) solutions that might serve better in particular situations.
* Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture in the GCP (GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM) arena. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
* Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
* Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
* Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
* Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
* Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
* Architect, design and implement solutions.
* Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
* 3 years of hand-on experience on data projects
* 1 years of experience in GCP Cloud technologies including BIGQUERY, Cloud SQL, Dataproc, Dataflow, Data Fusion or in Apache Beam, Airflow, Hadoop
* Good Experience in developing GCP data pipelines
* Good Experience working with loading, extracting data using SQL, DDL, DML commands
* Experience with data architecture and data integration
* Experience with Database migrations to Cloud SQL and BigQuery
* Experience in end-to-end implementation of Data Lake, Big Data projects
* Experience handling structured, un-structured, semi-structured data, working in a Data Lake environment
* Experience in end-to-end implementation of DW BI projects, especially in data warehouse and mart developments
* Additional experiences with AWS data platform equivalent technologies a plus
* Experience processing large volumes of data using Python, Spark, PySpark etc a plus
* Database experience including NoSQL databases like MongoDb, Cassandra etc. a plus
* Experience in Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling and Modeling of Unstructured Data a plus
* Previous experience with Database Administration a plus
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Google Professional Data Engineer a plus
* Additional GCP certifications a plus
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
MORE ABOUT PERFICIENT
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Perficient, Inc., 555 Maryville University Dr. Suite 500 St. Louis MO 63141 USA
* opens in a new window